My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was going through some hike pics from the last 8 mos when I was in CA and thought I'd share some highlights. I through a few other random ones in there as well that were related. The hikes include the following areas: Monterey, Carmel, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Moorpark, Simi Valley and HWY 1.

I'll start off with some of the most recent ones.

This one is in the Happycamp Regional Park in Moorpark, my old stomping grounds from my former college days. It's right outside where my relatives live and whenever I visit them I usually do it. It's a loop that travels about 12 miles altogether. It's an all day'er for sure. Depending upon which way you go, it starts out in a river bed and eventually climbs steeply up to a ridge and offers beautiful views of the Channel Islands and Ventura County. I just did the hike a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty this time of year as there was a fair amount of green. It'll become brown before long.

Rustic Canyon Golf Course below

snake

Sunset at my old college

This is a hike that goes up a ridge top that overlooks Simi Valley. Part of the trail loops around the Ronald Regan Presidential Library which is featured above. You can't tell from the pic, but Air Force One is inside.

Simi Valley. Talk about an awesome sunset at night!

Santa Cruz

Boardwalk

Garland Ranch in the Carmel Valley

Fire watch tower

Fort Ord

Brooke and I

Garrapata

HWY1 Outside of Monterey

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Reactions: Austen

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...And I'd love to visit more of the midwest and east coast! ;)

Pretty photos Austen, beautiful part of the country!
It's fun to look at the photos and relive the memories and times.

Beautiful pictures of a foreign landscape to me and some of us eastern folks.
It's amazing how the landscape can change so dramatically depending upon the area.

Beautiful country. I'd like to get out that way some time.
Likewise!

X3!! Such a nice different area to me! Would love to see someday, maybe in back of black Diesel?
Sounds like a plan! :2th:

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Wow! Just saw this, and gee is that some gorgeous landscape! It seems like everywhere in the country you go, there's always beautiful sights to be seen! :ThumbUp: :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wow! Just saw this, and gee is that some gorgeous landscape! It seems like everywhere in the country you go, there's always beautiful sights to be seen! :ThumbUp: :)
You've got that right Motor, this country is full of beautiful places and things to see and do! :2th:

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
:ditto:

More then most of us will ever see in a lifetime and you don't even need to get on an airplane to get there if you don't want to. I've always been somewhat envious of those with the means to buy a large diesel pusher rolling house with a car connected to the back and able to go on the road for weeks or months just traveling from one place to another wherever they take a notion to go. I'm sure with time it would get old being constantly on the road but for a few months each year I think it would be neat. One year spend the winter in the Southern states. Next year spend the summer in the Northern states, etc. I think I would rather do that then buy a second summer or winter home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts