My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a repost from the member intro forum. I thought it belonged here.

My name is Marty. Looking for a riding tractor. Looking at the John Deere 300 series. But I am leaning toward the Cub Cadet 46 inch with the Kawasoki 22.5 H engine. I am also considering the 42" zero turn mower, with the steering wheel for $2699. I guess my price point is $3,000. Buy the CC at $1999 looks good. would consider other models.

Marty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From motorhead12, a repost.
Marty

Welcome to the forum, Marty! The JD 300 series is a heavier built mower than the Cadet tractor, and I think it's worth the extra cash if you intend to keep it for a good while. I don't know about the steering wheel ZTR, but I'm pretty sure it's residential grade, whereas the JD is built more commercially.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MH12, What is the difference between the D100 series and the X300 series. Do these mowers share any parts? What about the transmissions?

Marty

From motorhead12, a repost.

Welcome to the forum, Marty! The JD 300 series is a heavier built mower than the Cadet tractor, and I think it's worth the extra cash if you intend to keep it for a good while. I don't know about the steering wheel ZTR, but I'm pretty sure it's residential grade, whereas the JD is built more commercially.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The JD X300 costs $2999. The CC LTX1050 KW costs $2199. And it has a 21.5 HP engine.To make things fair the difference in weight is 58 lbs. (compared using LTX 1042 KW with the 18 HP engine. Now how much bearer is the JD. And how much is the difference advertising budget?

Marty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of buying the CC RTZ S series zero turn mower. But it comes with the Kohler 22 HP Courage V twin engine. Do you think they have worked out the bugs in the 2014 engine?

Marty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Cub cadet LTX 1046 KW mower comes with an upgraded? transmission. has anyone heard of any problems with the Tuff Torq automatic hydrostatic tranny?

Marty

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
X2!! Only Courages I have personally had were blown up!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Yeah X3 on the no Courage thing.. New Kohlers are Garbage..

I've heard good things about the steering wheel ZTR machines.. They are supposedly very fun to drive.. and are built pretty well from what I have seen..

-Stan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts