My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey sport's fans! Trust everyone had a sparkling weekend :thThumbsU Ours was full of work and play. Like to share some of the "fun" part with you :2th:

So, prepare yourself for a showdown. Two combatants. One kinetic. One stoic, with badger-like heals dug firmly in the ground. But both comprised of sinewy flesh and unyielding iron.

Let us meet the players in our epic struggle.

The Red Oxen..........

The master of the mighty beast.......Mikey!!!! Kinda wish your name was Gar or Wolfgang here, woulda sounded a bit more ominous, but anyhoo. Here's Iron Mike(that's better) holding the reins. Note the dark, threatening clouds above.

The stubborn foe.........a thoroughly entrenched and vine riddled '67 Ford 3000 FEL, with the fearless captain at it's helm.........BRAD!!!!! That's right Brad!!! Wow, that's actually less ominous than Mikey :sidelaugh

OK, obviously a little background is in order here. I've had this tractor for a good number of years. Loading scrap was a big part of it's working life. But the combination of plummeting steel prices and getting the Kubota FEL/BH both cut it's workload down to nil. It's sat in this spot the last two years.

Well, it's time to show it the respect it deserves. It must be freed from the chains that the vines have become. I tried yanking it out with the Kubota a couple times, but it was too much to ask as I merely made two nice holes suitable for shrub planting. We would need heavier artillery, and a man behind the Ford's wheel. So, after surveying the foliage, and determining that it was festooned with poison ivy, it was deemed that Brad would be best suited to mount the mighty beast. We all told Brad what a great honor it was, and he was actually fool enough to fall for it. I hate getting poison ivy.

It would seem, he looms larger.

Is that the smirk of confidence......or shear insanity?!?!?!

Ok let's put a chain between the nose rings. A true, old farm chain was chosen for the task......

Let's get ready to rummmmmmm bllllllllllle!!!!

Oh yeah, IT"S ON!!!!!!

Kind of anti-climatic. We heard the brush truck yawn several times. But, we burned some gas and had some laughs :thThumbsU

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Fun read!! :) Sounds like a great day. Nice photos.

Keep us posted on the Ford resurrection!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Well any reason to run the brush truck is a good one!!!! I liked that the Ford did it's best to dig the bucket in and put up a fight! Nice job backing the rig up Mike!

How many more machines do you have hidden in the weeds Ellis? You could turn it into an event, maybe coincide with the big garage sale? :D

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well any reason to run the brush truck is a good one!!!! I liked that the Ford did it's best to dig the bucket in and put up a fight! Nice job backing the rig up Mike!

How many more machines do you have hidden in the weeds Ellis? You could turn it into an event, maybe coincide with the big garage sale? :D
Got a few more hid, Mike. Three weeks till the sale :ThumbUp:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts