My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am 10 and i have a 1969 bolens 770 its has a 2 belt drive system and if im on it and put it in gear the 2nd belt (back) doent turn? it stays in plcae but if im not on it and put it in gear its fine but f i get off it still doesnt move so yes please help oh by the way i can only find 2 others on youtube so is it rare?:help::help::help:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
:welcome: Hello and welcome to MLF! Glad you jumped aboard. :ThumbUp:
Are you saying if you are not on the mower and you put it in gear it will move and take off without you but, if you sit on it will not move when you put it in gear?
Do you have the specific model and serial #
I know its a 770 but there is more info on your model. Is it a HUSKY?

Just a wild guess for now, your belt may be worn out to the point that it will not move your mower with your weight on it but when you get off, it lightens up the load and will move.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
:welcome: :howdy:

Great age to start a good hobby!! I remeber being your age on my Snapper YT12

Anyway I agree with Five Points, you belt is probably streched out. If you remove and have you dad (or mom or bother or sister or aunt or uncle :sidelaugh) take you to an auto parts store with the belt. Have the counter person mesure it and get one 1" shorter. Now this still may be too loose or it may be to tight, of course if its still lose try another 1/2" shorter, to tight 1/2" longer

Another thought is whatever your Bolens uses to put tention on the belt may be wore out too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts