My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 hp vertical shaft briggs on a snapper push mower I need to replace the coil on it don't have the original blower housing for it so no model numbers for that engine it has points anyone know the part number I need for the coil?

·
Registered
57 Posts
916hydro
I believe the part number that may help you out is #460014. These coils run around $35, but you may consider looking around for some old mower laying around no one wants. As long your within the same HP and its a briggs you should be able to use the coil. The problems you may have with one not specific for your mower is the holes not lining up with the coil on the block because it doesn't fit against the flywheel correctly. In this case I have taken the coil/armature to the bench grinder and took a little off both sides. Not recommended, but it does work. If you find a coil or armature that's not designed for points and condensers you can still use it, you just don't have the points and condensers anymore to worry about. If you don't want the headaches of trying to make one fit, just spend the money and buy it. I don't like to spend money and have several old ones laying around I have scrapped off junk mowers and when I need them and they don't fit, I make them fit... again not recommended. Hope the part number helps out.. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts