My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have the engine codes off two briggs engines. can anyone tell me how and where to determine if they are interchangeable? both engines are off rear engine riders (but different brands) thanks guys

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks motorhead, but it seems that list is only for replacement engines currently available. My engine is a,, 193707 type 0307. any help? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
If you choos a type of engine in step one on the link motor gave you, then just type in those numbers on your engine and it will take you to the parts list and owner's manual.

Results

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i saw the parts list, but im not looking for parts. Im wanting to buy a spare engine that will fit my current mower. Im wanting to beable to find the bolt patterns, shaft dia. etc for a given engine. I just haven't found that info on older engines. thanks

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Well, it looks like your engine is a fairly typical Briggs I/C internally balanced flathead. They didn't change too much over the years. The bolt pattern should be the same for later models than yours. If you're looking for a replacement engine, you just need to make sure to get the correct shaft size.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If your looking for the correct brand new engine, I have access to the Briggs dealer resources.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts