My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have just picked up a mower, 675 series 10122256. It's obviously secondhand but very good condition. It starts fine but is running rich, sooty plug. After investigating, I found the engine having no air filter. I have just ordered a new filters and gasket but I'm aware once I fit these the mower is going to struggle with running even more richer than it is now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The engine numbers are 126T02-0196-B1-10122256
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not oily mate, just sooty. It smokes a tiny bit when I push it to full throttle, you can hardly see it. It doesn't smoke when running. It runs a bit lumpy on full revs but ticks over ok

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Ok, good! That means you're not burning oil! ;) It sounds like a carb related issue. Those Briggs carbs are non-adjustable, so it's not just a maladjustment that's causing the problem. Most likely, you need to pull the carb of and disassemble and clean it. Gummed up carbs are very common, especially if the machine has been sitting with gas in the tank. A wide variety of problems can stem from a dirty carb, so that's where I'd start first.:2cents:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice mate. I will whip the carb off and get it cleaned. Really appreciate the help buddy, my mind is now at rest. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
motor is right. The carb seems to cause the problems when gas has sat in it or poor gas we have to use! :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm hoping when Iv cleaned the carb and fitted a filter it won't be running rich, il keep you updated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, carb cleaned today and fitted new filter. Starts and runs fine, well happy. Thanks for all advice, Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts