My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nice used c-man self propelled mower last fall and having trouble with the priming system. If I give it a quick shot of starting fluid it will run till the tank is empty. But it I shut it off and try to restart it won't, till I give it another shot of starting fluid. I have tried a new primer bulb, New gasket behind carb & air cleaner. Also new fuel line and cleaned tank.

I usually never have any trouble with these but this, one has me stumped.

Any help would be great, Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Wonder if the circuit has some dirt somewhere? Maybe a small leak in bulb itself? Even new might have one?? Weird one for sure, will ask my dad , AKA Carb boy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, I just took, primer bulb out and blew it out with air hose, air went thru ok.

So I took off air cleaner and housing and used lightly blew air into the front primer hole in carb and it got gas and started.

Checked the new bulb no tears,

gonna order a new air cleaner housing, and try that

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is easy to warp those housings. I've warped several because I was heavy handed when I bolted it back to the carb. A good rule of thumb when tightening them down is to snug them up and then add just a little more torque and that should do it.

Also make sure that the pulse passage and the vent passages on the carb are clean and free of debris and clogs. The pulse passage is the hole on the left of the carb face. The vent passages are the other two holes on the right.

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Might have had the same issue with ours! Dad swapped the housing today for another in stock, fine now!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts