My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

A few here asked how I was going re Honda pro range purchase.I asked about these a few weeks ago.

Pulled the trigger today-more details in Honda section of forum.Thanks for all help.:ThumbUp:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Congratulations!! :party Very exciting! I have no doubts you're going to enjoy it.

I'll make my way over to the Honda section now! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like that name, whipper snipper. Sounds better than string trimmer.
LOL,another name difference! yes-whipper sniper does sound sound better than 'weed trimmer' etc.

A lawn mower repair man listened to that Honda UMK 431 unit I have,he remarked on how good it sounded,especially idling.

I noticed the UMK 435 whipper sniper in shop yesterday,at $639 retail,I am sure when we bought UMK 431 it was around $800,dealer said they have come down a lot,maybe they make them in Thailand.

I see a Honda 'blower' (not sure what you call them over there) retailing at $500,be a handy item.........

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darn it all, you get the neat stuff that isn't available here in the U.S. market. Honda sells string trimmers, but not the blowers.

Here's a look at what is sold here on the U.S. market.

Honda Power Equipment: Honda Generators, Lawn Mowers, Snow blowers, Tillers
LOL the 'snow blowers' have not seen these here LOL! interestingly,I did see these in use on the news last night.

Your whipper sniper selection is not large.

Kinda really surprised at your range of honda products (or limited range).

here is a page here (well I think its an Australian page)

http://powerequipment.honda.com.au/Commercial

think this looks like the blower I had a quick look at yesterday.

http://powerequipment.honda.com.au/Blowers/HHB25

dealer said its got same motor as the larger whipper sniper I have.Looks kinda handy.he said the expensive Husquenarva one was not as good,and the cheaper Husky blower than more expensive Husky one.But the Honda was the best.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
It's kind of interesting to read the story of how Honda first approached the marketing of it's power equipment line here in the U.S. It was modeled, at least somewhat, after it's successful motorcycle dealership system. Time was you couldn't find a Honda product in a "big box" store, only other brands with Honda engines on them. Now some of their products are being sold outside their dealership network and in the large retail stores like Home Depot, and others.

There are so many other products that Honda manufactures sold elsewhere in the world, but not here.

Funny thing about the snow blower line is that there are some models that used to be sold here that are no longer available, but are still sold just across the border in Canada.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts