My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, met the guy in Wal-Mart parking lot this morning for this. He wanted $150, saw oil leak when it was running and mess of wires and offered $125. Should have said less and I did not notice the extremely bent front end!! We got it home and removed the deck, think this is replaced as the DYt normally have four wheel decks. The PTO area is extremely bent with the finger not even close to holding PTO! If engaged ,the wires would rip right out! The one wheel is extremely cambered and toe'd out! This may be a donor with a good engine and transaxle, both work good.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Yeah, I'd say that mower has been worked pretty hard. Maybe it was used a lot on rough, hilly terrain.:dunno: The motor looks good though. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Are you sure it fell off a truck, Eric? Has the same look as my JD155 after my wife mowed with it :sidelaughYup, I come home and the entire hood is broken off! Frame dented!! I ask "What the **** did you hit?!?!?!?" Her response, "Nothing that I know of" :dunno: True story.

Too bad about the damage, but I'm sure you'll use it to get more than one machine back on line and down the road :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! We used the carb already on the JD L120, seems the L120 has some unknown engine issue right now. Maybe head gasket or bent pushrod. Might swap this engine out for the other one. It ran good in the Red Craftsman! We are wondering how someone killed the Craftsman so badly?? Dad found missing screws all over like they tried to fix and are not mechanics!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Yeah, I hate it when a bunch of fools get ahold of a machine and make a cat's cradle out of it. :soap: Anyway, I know you'll get it fixed up! :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it is a shell now, finished it off today. This is what it looked like yesterday!
Engine is now on John Deere L120, much better fit. The transaxle is off and will be spare!

·
Registered
88 Posts
:2th: That front end looks like mine does... I'd say he was doing wheelies in it and that's why the front end is all bent out to the sides. I just priced parts to fix mine... only about $70. From there back though mine is just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts