My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all I just purchased an older bobcat push mower with a Kawasaki engine on it, and have a few questions that i could use help with, didnt get a chance to get a pic of it today so bare with me please, it has a 48 or 46in cutting deck,

Problems
1. the fuel leaks out from the bottom of the fuel on and off valve, (valve is a t-value all metal) does this have a gasket in it or anything?

2. The throttle cable is ghetto rigged on, anyone have a pic or diagram how its supposed to be attached near the carb throttle, this one hangs loose.

3. The front front pulley, where the belt spins around is very wobbly from the top when you engage the blades, is this a bearing or the whole unit have to be replaced?

hope this is detailed enough to receive some help thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Try to jot down some model and serial numbers from both the engine and the mower deck too, if you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here are a few pictures of the lawn mower, I resolved the fuel leak, and the throttle issue, now I am just having a problem, as you can see in the second photo with the pulley, I believe this bearing is shot because it has quite the wobble to it, and I tried removing it last night and now luck, does the top pulley have to be pressed out, cant seen to remove it from the deck?

Here are also the specs that I found on it to help narrow down the model

Kawasaki FB460V 48in deck
FB460V-FS01

·
Registered
14 Posts
On the underside of the pulley you should see an allen head set screw, remove it
and spray with lube, tap the pulley up and/or down to get it started moving, then spray some more, ten tap on the bottom side and work it off the shaft.

Then just measure the shaft on top, we can look at any aftermarket source and give you a good Bobcat/Bunton part number, I am sure many of the sponsers here carry that part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts