My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a couple responses to this question elsewhere. But not crazy about one and the other doesn't work.
I need to pull the muffler on my 6211 LB and can't get the square mount for blade to pull off tapered shaft.
I have hit with hammer and soaked in liquid wrench. The other suggestion was to cut it off.
I was wondering if a clutch puller would be a good tool for this part removal. Or any better ideas are appreciated.
I have bent the square plate a little but bent it back into proper order. So I understand that it may get bent in process.
Thanks for any help.

·
Founding Administrator
1,251 Posts
You might try heating it up with a propane torch, keeping a wet rag on the crank shaft to keep it cool. When the mount is hit, give it a few taps. Should loosen up. Make sure you are careful with the torch and don't let the crankshaft get hot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What title?

Thanks Brad. Sorry not got back cause I could not find my way back. Been trying and now I am here. Dahhhh. But in mean time I did get to remove tapered sleeve from shaft. I managed to do so by unbolting the motor and flipping mower upside down. Hitting shaft downward, motor drops out. I piled up some fluffy loose cardboard to soften the gravity connection to floor.

New questions now! See the newer post from me ... on 10 - 22 - 10. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts