My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to MLF, thanks for joining!

What types of equipment are you interested in?

·
Registered
552 Posts
:welcome: to the crowd! ~~ grnspot

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome!! glad to see ya!

·
1,329 Posts
hey big sooner, Im kinda old myself, these kind folkes tolerate me so jump in and share interest with us. :pics::pics:
:welcome: to MLF :howdy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks and tire/wheel problem

Many thanks for the welcome from all.
I just got a Scotts built by JD. It was purchased new in May 2000. Front tires dry rotted - so I decided to replace them. Can't find the size (15X6.50X6). Decided I'd put tubes in. Got a pair sized 15X6.50X6 & 15X 6.00X6. Tried to remove old tire from rims. Aparrently a prior owner used "slime" or a similar product. Looks as if I'll have to cut the tires off. Problem: can I use a 15X6.00X6 tire on these rims and if so, will the rims be in need of expensive cleaning. Maybe I should just buy new wheels and tires.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Many thanks for the welcome from all.
I just got a Scotts built by JD. It was purchased new in May 2000. Front tires dry rotted - so I decided to replace them. Can't find the size (15X6.50X6). Decided I'd put tubes in. Got a pair sized 15X6.50X6 & 15X 6.00X6. Tried to remove old tire from rims. Aparrently a prior owner used "slime" or a similar product. Looks as if I'll have to cut the tires off. Problem: can I use a 15X6.00X6 tire on these rims and if so, will the rims be in need of expensive cleaning. Maybe I should just buy new wheels and tires.
Thanks.
I put a link here to your above question that you have in a new thread here reference your tire question,
http://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/forum/42-lawn-mower-main-forum/17945-scotts-lawn-tractor.html

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Welcome bigsooner, BTW, not all of us here are spring chickens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts