My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about installing a regular LT battery in my 14hp Snapper Yard Cruiser. The power sports type battery that it uses just don't seem to hold up well. I am now storing the mower in the garage where temps will be cooler and it will be much more convenient to keep the battery on trickle charge. My wife, who has RA mows occasionally and is unable to even pull start my 6hp push mower. I think I can remove the tilting battery cradle that holds the battery now and a LT battery should fit. The cradle allows the mower to be stood up on end for service and keep the battery horizontal.

I'm just wondering if this will be a problem for the charging system or the starter. Any thoughts? :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
I don't think it will be a problem for the starter or charging system as long as you are replacing the old battery with a new one of the same operating voltage and of equal or greater amp-hour capacity.

Physical size of a battery is not a 100% indicator of voltage or amp-hour capacity. Gotta compare the numbers to be sure. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts