My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long Island, especially the East End where I live, got hit with a good size storm yesterday. Broke out the toys and took some pics!

We had about 24 or so inches, with lots of drifting. Broke out the Kubby around 11am, with my "Legion of Broom" workforce teeth to the wind with me. Actually, a friend, two daughters, and my SIL Mike. Did my two driveways, around 200' first. Also did three neighbors DW's and cleared all the mailboxes on the street. The snow was a nice consistency and the work(fun) went quicker than I figured. Finished in about four hours. As the Turtle Man would say, my daughter took some pics of the "live action" along the way!

When I first started the sun was out and I was pretty much snow blind, but I never liked that stupid bird bath anyhow.

I'd like a LARGE vanilla cone please......

Ok, just a liiiiittle bit off the top, perfect.

So, the works done and the sun's still up. What's next? Yup, terrorize the neighborhood with the fire truck.

Disclaimer: All the driving you are about to see was done by PROFESSIONAL drivers on a CLOSED course!

When we got the truck out I had stacked snow from the driveway by the truck. It was about 6' high and 8' wide. We had it in 4 wheel, just the rears at first, and she was spinning a bit. Then we engaged the JEB and locked up the 6 x 6 and it just walked right thru the mound. It was like the truck never even lifted. Crazy.

We grabbed a couple bottles of diet root beer and headed for parts unknown. Well, pretty much closed to home with the air horns blasting. Folks just staring out their windows shaking their heads at us :sidelaugh

Great day, lots of laughs and good memories!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts

Great photos, Ellis!! It sounds like you made hard work into an enjoyable time with the help of friends and family. :ThumbUp: That was quite the gesture by helping out the neighborhood like you did too!

I love the ending! That must have been a blast driving through all the snow! Count me in on the next snow removal day. :2th:

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Austen, it was a whole lot of fun, believe me :cool

·
Registered
499 Posts
I thought you sold the fire truck Ellis?

That sure capped the day off nicely, looks like fun! Maybe a snow plow in it's future? Bet it'd move almost anything locked in 6x6 mode!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Glad to see you all god Ellis! Thought of you during storm. You and Mike got nailed! My work had more than us, 6" maybe!

Reactions: tiretrx

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, what a blast that must have been!:2th:
Usually having that much fun is illegal, Bruce :ThumbUp:

I thought you sold the fire truck Ellis?

That sure capped the day off nicely, looks like fun! Maybe a snow plow in it's future? Bet it'd move almost anything locked in 6x6 mode!
Yeah, I had it listed for the "I don't really want to sell it" price, Mike. It didn't sell :cool

I thought about a simple angle plow that would lowered and raised by the front mount winch :idea:

Glad to see you all god Ellis! Thought of you during storm. You and Mike got nailed! My work had more than us, 6" maybe!
Thanks Eric! It was a blast all around, buddy :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Much better looking at the pictures on computer instead of phone! Ellis that front end loader is the perfect machine! I got to play with the skid steer at work yesterday clearing snow. Never used it without forklift attachment. Was fun!

Reactions: tiretrx

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Looks like a good and productive day at work!

Are the 'Deere skid steers all joy stick operated or does yours have foot controls as well like the older Bobcats? Heat inside of cab?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Austen, stick controls and heater is broke! :( I had to come in a couple times, hands went numb even with heavy gloves. Made quick video on phone while I used it! :)

Reactions: Mark / Ohio

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Snow removal is fun to watch. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Needed a GoPro to film this! Not enough hands for decent video! In fenced area I took a hour just cutting decent path for the flat bed to go through!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics guys, it's the only way I get to see snow. A good thing I guess, but I'm glad everyone faired well. :2th:

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never used a skid steer/Bobcat. Looks like a good time, Eric. You got some running room in that lot :2th:

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got some more snow today, I want to be out there clearing it now and getting some pics, but I'm sick as a dog. :(
Hope you feel better soon. Seems everyone around me is sick.

They're talking about 1 to 3 inches here on Monday, and single digits cold, burrrrrrrrr!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Got some more snow today, I want to be out there clearing it now and getting some pics, but I'm sick as a dog. :(
Sorry to hear that! Don't push it and take care of yourself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts