My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ST. Augustine grass has some round spots that look like it is dieing or chinch bugs or disease. I'm not sure. I can take pics tomorrow if need be. I know it is close to fall/winter. We usually go until November here before this happens. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Where do you live? Do you have a dog. Do you park a running car in your grass for any period of time. These are problems I have :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have dog and they are in back yard. This is in front. Sorry for not mentioning it. My back yard is Bermuda grass front is St. Augustine. I live near Houston, Texas. NEVER park a running car in my grass EVER!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
My thumb tends to be a little more greasy than green unfortunately but chinch bugs or mole crickets seem to fit the bill. Hopefully someone will jump in who has that yard used in the JD commercials. Sometimes a local Agricultural Center can identify some issues and offer advice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a lot of crab grass growing in my lawn. When we got yard of the month I went out and started to pick it all out. Still working on that but no longer have yard of the month. LOL. I'll take some pics and post here today.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found out it's some kinda brown spot or something. Got a spray and applied it yesterday. Hope it works.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Thank you for the update. Hope all will be green in a week or two. Just in time for the cold.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
My bet (without seeing it) is "brown patch" and is very common. Dead grass in circles up to 10 feet in diameter. It is basically a fungus. Although it will make it look bad, it will grow back.....next year. The chemicals may stop it from spreading but it may be to late for the grass to fully grow back this time of year as the St. Aug will be going dormant. If you want "green", you'll have to over seed with rye grass which will die off next spring when it gets hot again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gasoline, fertilizer, herbicides, and pesticides can cause dead spots if spilled. If fertilizer is applied unevenly or incorrectly, it can burn the grass. Even insect repellents can burn your lawn when sprayed on the grass blades.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gasoline, fertilizer, herbicides, and pesticides can cause dead spots if spilled. If fertilizer is applied unevenly or incorrectly, it can burn the grass. Even insect repellents can burn your lawn when sprayed on the grass blades.
Yes, I agree that if fertilizer is applied unevenly or incorrectly, it can burn the grass. That's why it's important to consult a professional NYC pest control service before using a any chemical fertilizer or pesticides because the professionals are the who will help you to get rid with insects, and also they will provide eco-friendly pesticides which will not damage the lawn and grass.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
StephenRamon, the threads you replied too are long dead! Most likely the folks who started a few are no longer here to see your replies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts