My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have an old swisher big mow, with an 8hp briggs. its the 2 speed one. i mowed with it just a couple times and some putsing around the yard, and then the drive pulley that attaches to the gearbox shaft seems to be spinning on that shaft!!! it has a set screw but no matter how hard its tightened it still gets loose then spins on the shaft again. there is a flat spot on the gearbox shaft and you would think there would be a flat side on the inside of that pulley to match the flat spot on the gearbox shaft but it isn't, its round. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I took a look at Swisher's site and they have a really extensive list of parts on their parts page. I put pulley into the search box and saw a couple of pulleys that are described as being 2 step (2 speed rider).

Commercial Zero Turn Mowers and String Trimmers - Swisher

I took the one part number, T2LUV, googled it and this came up from manuals online. (one of the first things that actually turned up for me from their site). It looks to be a manual for one of their riders, but I don't know if it's the same as yours or not. That pulley showed up on page 25. See if it looks like what you're needing.

Page 25 of Swisher Lawn Mower AZ Series User Guide | ManualsOnline.com

I'd bet they could help you out if you gave them a call. 800.222.8183

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pulley

i looked at that pulley and it looks like the right one, the only thing that concerns me is that, that is a a newer model than mine so i don't know if they kept the same parts or not but I'm definitely going to give them a call. thanks for the help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unfortunatly they are only open mon- friday so ill have to wait then to find out info for it. how do i post pics or where should i of my mowers for people to see thanks

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
You can go up to that paper clip looking thing next to the smiley face and upload then from your computer if you'd like. The better way is to use a photo hosing site like photobucket and use their linking system to post them here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts