My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im looking for a new riding mower , something that can have a dirt blade on front and maybe a turn plow on back at the same time . i have a wheel horse C 175 now but can really only use one implement at a time and it has a tiller mounted now , so instead of changing implements as i need them what are good makes other than the sears suburban tractors ? thank you .

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
silver, sorry only ones I know are the ones I have Sears Suburban. You don't like them?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Quite a few to choose from in terms of vintage GT's. To name a few of some of the more prominent brands, there are:

Allis Chalmers/Simplicity
Bolens
Case/Ingersoll
Jacobsen/Ford
John Deere

You really cannot go wrong with any vintage GT. They were built to stand the test of time and so were their attachments.

Some manufactures can be harder to find parts for than others so it is important to find one that is complete and in decent shape.

It really comes down to the design and features of the machine itself and what it most important to you. For example, the large frame Bolens GT's of the 1960's were equipped with automatic hydro transmissions versus a comparable brand of the same era that might have had a gear drive trans instead.

It sounds like from what you describe that you are looking for one that has more than one PTO. Typically the larger GT's offered by the manufactures offered this compatibility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts