My Lawnmower Forum banner

Bersted MFG. Restores

689 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tiretrx 
#1 · (Edited)
I like these little guys.. not too rare, so you don't feel odd painting them in original colors. When new, they both would have been a rather hideous shade of wrinkle-finish black-blue. More of a muddy color, actually. The light blue one I dug up in my grandparents' back yard metal detecting one day. The body parts are from a 'Zero', however there is no big difference. My art teacher re-did the original badge. Noisy little buggers though, they sound strikingly like a old Jacobson 2 cycle engine. They were junkers then.. and while better then anything new, are still rather noisy. You get used to it though.. My two 'customs'. An Eskimo 1100r from the early-40's, and a Wizard (With a ridiculously long code number I don't remember), dated to 1938. They're basically twins, besides the Wizard having chromed steel blades, and the Eskimo having aluminum. I love the chrome stripe on the Wiz, too.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.