My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a hard piece of pine root this morning and bent one end of one of my two blades. It now cuts uneven. I got it better by putting in vice, but still a little off.

Should I keep trying to get even or replace? Should I replace both blades rather than just one, keeping everything even and in balance?
:help:

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I wouldn't straighten a blade, because you don't know how the metal has been fatigued. For all you know, there could be a hairline crack waiting to blow up. If the other blade is in decent condition, it should be okay to keep running it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I wouldn't straighten a blade, because you don't know how the metal has been fatigued. For all you know, there could be a hairline crack waiting to blow up. If the other blade is in decent condition, it should be okay to keep running it.
I agree! It's not worth the risk! ~~ grnspot

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
DON"T TRY TO !! We had a guy who must have tried, the blade broke with adaptor and almost hurt us!! Never worth the risk!!!!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
:ditto::ditto:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Olay, I'll replace, and thought that would be best anyway.

On anew mower, do I need to go O.E.M. To protect warranty?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
In my opinion, being the blades are consumable items and the replacements even aftermarket are still made to meet the OEM specs, I don't think it would.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts