My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Belts
Have an old one around that has been cut, using a hacksaw...
Fit into place and measure to determine how much more or less is needed..
This is accurate....and easy
The source of a new belt
Graingers - a baffling selection and excellent service..
Beltsforless.com ( I think) (Google result) ...very informative and well organized.. from Belarus.... excellent presentation, well organized..
Sadly, Ace Hardware(as good as they are, otherwise) fell flat on their face...cannot compete....sadly.

How to measure :
Use an old belt, cut...measure this and use to determine how much more or less is required, I have found this to be accurate....fast and easy...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
How on earth did you find those Images your using?
They are built into the code of the forum, and as a junior member I don't think you have access to the area where those are stored..

Maybe I'm Waffleing.. I don't really know.

-Capstan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How on earth did you find those Images your using?
They are built into the code of the forum, and as a junior member I don't think you have access to the area where those are stored..

Maybe I'm Waffleing.. I don't really know.

-Capstan
Not the foggiest....
I tried a copy and paste as I posted in the wrong area....
This was the result....I'd rather use words over smilies and images...but not all the time...

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I think too big of a highlighted area was copied and pasted and duplicated. Everything is fixed and earthworm, I removed the duplicate post on belts for you from the other thread.

Thanks for the tip on belts, another trick, maybe not as accurate is to use a section of rope and route it around the pulleys and measure it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buy the belts from Graingers..
Best possible service and selection, and some unusually good prices...
Graingers...for belts....
and there is another on the internet, but I will stick with Graingers.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Do/did you work for Graingers? I have used them in the past as they have a variety of everything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I work for no man....retired
a satsified customer of Graingers be I.
We do have a lot of GOOD business here at home, in the USA....But we hear so much about the bad business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts