My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
It can not go on wrong if you run the belt straight across the back. This goes for any deck.
The folks at Woods that built the 60" deck for my White GT 2055 must not have known that. First time I had to put a belt on it I messed with it for half an hour before I got out the manual. :confused: It has three blades. That may make a difference.

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Dragline, sorry I was not trying to dispute your statement about the belts, just telling of my experience with the White.

The deck on my White is a mid-mount, but it looks like it would not be that hard to convert it to a rear mount or pull behind. The original design might have been to use as a rear mower. It has a driveshaft. I seldom use it now since I got the 7' finish mower so I may convert it to a 3 point to use behind my 2N.
Just checked and the belt for the 50" is routed the same way as the 60". It is not nearly as heavy duty as the 60".
Even though the 60" is an OEM option for the gt2055 it seems like it was an after thought. The gearbox on the deck sits a little too high, so if you raise the deck more than an inch or so the driveshaft hits hard parts of the mower.

And good luck to you Dane. Hope the website Dragline posted works for you.

· Registered
9 Posts
Very well said Dragline. I, for one, learned that on almost all decks the belt runs straight across the back. With that known, if I follow the grooved and flat pullies, it will not be that hard to figure out the belt routing. I didn't even ask the question and I learned something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.