My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The grass has been dormant for quite some time and the lawnmower has been in a well deserved hibernation since last spring.

For many of us, other outdoor activities that we use our equipment for like gardening are out of the picture this time of year too.

So, what other activities does the OPE enthusiast do during the winter months? Perhaps winter is actually the second best time of the year because you get to fire up the snowblower or plow snow with the tractor.
Lets hear and see some :pics: of your winter activities that you do during the off season.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
i collect/repair tools as a hobby, so far ive picked up a milwaukee 6510 sawzall, 4 amp 2 speed with case and a ton of bits that needed nothing, im waiting on a 75th anniversary super sawzall to come in, needs brushes and a cap and a cord(payed 25 for it and another 11 for parts not including cord), and im currently bidding on a ttl made milwaukee super sawzall 6519-31

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i collect/repair tools as a hobby, so far ive picked up a milwaukee 6510 sawzall, 4 amp 2 speed with case and a ton of bits that needed nothing, im waiting on a 75th anniversary super sawzall to come in, needs brushes and a cap and a cord(payed 25 for it and another 11 for parts not including cord), and im currently bidding on a ttl made milwaukee super sawzall 6519-31
That's really cool, what a fun hobby!

I like the one that you pictured below. Do you disassemble them yourself?

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
yeah i do, but a service manual and a camera are your best freind, thats one probably one of the first sawzall, i dont know exactly when it came out but it looks late 50s - early 60s. normally the milwaukees take a ton of abuse, especially the older ones, and need nothing. sometimes you do have to go out and buy a parts machine to fix the one you have because some parts can be expensive like armatures and field coils.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
oh im also active on snowblower forums and i like to buy snowblowers, keep the ones i like and sell the ones i dont so its an endless hobby, i guess you can say the hobby pays for itself

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snowblowers are just as fun as lawnmowers! Hoping to break mine out this weekend! :2th:
Sounds like fun! Looking forward to hearing/seeing more. :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Got to play today with the plow/blower.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool photos! :ThumbUp:
Send some snow this way.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Here is a video of pops trying to plow on the icy path!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for keeping all the snow for yourself Eric, we got snow this morning and rain from 10am through 7pm. Turned back to snow again but not coming down very hard, barely covered the driveway. Haven't needed the old Ariens snow blower yet, and it won't bother me a bit if I don't use it this winter! LOL

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Got about 8 inches yesterday; cleared everything with the blower. We're expecting more tomorrow and a whole bunch on Tuesday! Maybe I'll get some pics this time! :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Mike, think you are in bulls eye! Motor, we look like we all gonna get seat time. Ellis is really gonna get hit!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
You can say that again! I guess the only good thing is that there's probably not gonna be school. I won't have time for it anyway with the clearing I'll have to do! :p ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I work 33 miles from home. Not looking forward to driving home in it! ��

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well at least you guys have a little time to prepare for it and it's not something that you wake up to that's a total shock.

Keep us posted and stay safe!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts