My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here so firstly hi to everyone, I`am also new to ride on mowers which I have just brought a second hand one, the battery is dead so I have just been jump starting it from my car.

So my question is what type of battery is best to buy,is there something to look out for ?
I got a price on a new mower battery $89 [ i don't know how good it is ], whilst searching through the net i see some people use 12 volt car batteries instead, suppose to last longer, about $30 more for a car battery, I don't have a clue what to do for the best, what are your thoughts ?

I am an aussie so prices may differ in your neck of the woods.

appreciate any advise.

thanks.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies, I didn't know about the CCA of the battery, thanks for the tip, its very much appreciated guys.
So what would be a reasonable CCA rating ? so i got an idea what to look for.

My ride on is a real oldy but she runs real good, its a Cox Orion with a 12 hp briggs & stratton, industrial motor, been well looked after.

I not to far away from a Kmart, i didn't even think of them for a battery.

thanks again fellows.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tips, actually I did buy a trickle charger when i got my new battery as a friend told me exactly the same thing about keeping them charged up.
The prices are really high in australia for batteries best price i could find was $79 for the battery & the trickle charger was $50, someone is making a huge profit then.
thanks for your advise anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.