My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week a member over at MTF had a question about pulled pork. I posted up my opinion, along with a video of a pull from last Saturday. I know not all of ya'll here visit MTF so I though I would share the full deal with you here.

I have been smoking meat for the last 3 years or so, catered a couple local things, and am looking to go competition with it, so the first part of January I decided to smoke something every weekend. (Something legal, just to clarify). Last weekend I did 2 8lb pork butts and beans to cater a birthday party and sharing the results here. BBQ is a passion with me, and it looks like it is about to become a second job. At least I get to eat meat instead of grease :2th:.

Started with 2 8lb pork butts, injected and rubbed the night before. 4am on the grate:

4 hours later, looking good:

6 hours in and time to foil:

A total of 11 hours cooking, then 2 hours still wrapped in foil, then wrapped with a towel and rested for 2 more hours in a cooler. Now their done, sampled, and ready to pull:

Pan 'O pulled pork:

The only way to truly know how they turned out is watch the video of the pull:
This wasn't done with a fancy expensive pit. I used a cheap Brinkmann side fire box smoker and nothing but orange wood. You will NEVER find any charcoal in my low and slows. hot and fast I may use a little. I design and make all our sauces and rubs in house from scratch, which is why I smoke every weekend, to tweak things a little and see the results. Remember, it's not the cooker, it's the cook.

Now go get a napkin before you drool on your keyboard.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I see nothing wrong with mower repair and BBQ in the same place. Eat while you wait ! :2th:
Thanks for sharing, I wish I had a little cooking talent on the grill. Now excuse me while I go eat my bologna sandwich.:sidelaugh
Nice to here from you ryder. :)

·
1,329 Posts
themidniteryder Im impressed with the cooking abilities, I can drive a truck pretty well, mechanic a little and fall down pretty smoothly. But I just cant cook in any manner.
That pulled pork looks great, yum:2th:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I need to get my smokehouse built so I can make Five Points some better bologna. And fresh baked sourdough bread.

Maybe a MLF/MTF bbq get-together for our So. Cal members?

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Man, does that look scrumptious!

Wish I could brag about my prowess with the BBQ - My cooking tools usually include the fire extinguisher :(...

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
First I was drooling over the motorcycle Robert showed us, now my mouth is watering from themidniteryder's pulled pork. That looks delicious!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Guess I need to get my smokehouse built so I can make Five Points some better bologna. And fresh baked sourdough bread.
I'll pony up for the shipping and handling! :2th:
Hey, thats an angle I bet you haven't considered.. :idea:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll pony up for the shipping and handling! :2th:
Hey, thats an angle I bet you haven't considered.. :idea:
Oh, I have checked into it. Fed-Ex or UPS Overnight from here to Texas was $100 for 6 lbs :eek: However, our last Honey ham was shipped from back east 3 day ground and made it partially thawed so....there may be options.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Might be a matter of shipping methods, such as dry ice, special insulated containers etc. It's good your looking at options. :2th:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts