My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Post when I found any PowerKing Tractors for sale..

Here's one rather close to me.. it's $1500 which is a bit expensive IMO.. Seeing as I have seen them for far less in a bit better shape.

POWER KING TRACTOR

-Stan

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice find man! Sure wouldn't mind that front blade. :cool

Clever signature saying too, BTW.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Is the economy power king similar?
lawn and garden tractor
Yes it is.

Engineered Products was established in 1946 and built one tractor at the time called the Economy Tractor. In the 1950's, EP introduced a smaller version tractor called the "Jim Dandy" next to the larger Economy models. During 1976 & 1977, the Economy name was dropped altogether for "Power King" because it was thought that the name "Economy" sounded cheap. The Jim Dandy name was still in place and was designated for the smaller version tractors while the PK was for the larger versions. Around 1996 the company went out of business.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Curious Austen, I have '53 Country Squire, it's obviously an Economy with a hood and different rims. I never found out whether it's a re-badge or just a different model. Do you know offhand? Pic of mine...

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Curious Austen, I have '53 Country Squire, it's obviously an Economy with a hood and different rims. I never found out whether it's a re-badge or just a different model. Do you know offhand? Pic of mine...

Cool machine! The Country Squires are pretty collectable.
Does she run?

Economy at times built machines for other companies and the tractors would in turn be re-branded. The Country Squire was built in the 1950's as a re-badged Economy and many say that it was the most successful re-branded Economy. Some of the others re-brands include Red E, National and Terramite.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
See that, one stop knowledge shopping at Auuuustens! Thanks bud, appreciate the info :cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts