My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

The issue is that the carb is leaking, and it appears that the gasket/o-ring has become distorted.

I have tried everywhere to find a replacement, without luck. I have measured the diameter of the carb sump , it appears to be approx. 45mm, the o-ring is a flat type about 1.2mm?

The Carb doesn’t have makers name or logo, can only see 8K stamped on it. The engine I don’t know.

I have attached a couple of photos which may help identify what it is.

If the o-ring is unobtainable, what a waste of a great mower which starts first time and does a great job. any suggestions if unobtainable, is there any "stuff" I could use to "perfect" the seal?

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Engineering
Motor vehicle Circuit component Automotive exterior Gas Combat vehicle

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have measured the diameter of the carb sump , it appears to be approx. 45mm, the o-ring is a flat type about 1.2mm?
Over here, my local hardware store has an o-ring and gasket assortment with hundreds of different incremental sizes. I've always had good luck finding replacements there.

If you can measure the bowl diameter precisely, there should be a gasket on ebay that would match.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over here, my local hardware store has an o-ring and gasket assortment with hundreds of different incremental sizes. I've always had good luck finding replacements there.

If you can measure the bowl diameter precisely, there should be a gasket on ebay that would match.
Hi there, we are on the same wave-length - I tried the local hardware store, no joy, have also been looking on ebay, the trouble is the only one that remotely fits, the diff between inner/outer circum is too large eg 3mm vs the 1.2mm that i need.

Have you had any luck with using a repair sealantthat is suitable for petrol/gas? the current ring is just distored over 3-4 mm, a little sealant might sor t it temporarily?

Thank you for your thoughts

·
Registered
293 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts