My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an ariens mini zoom 1540 it has a hard tike going up slopes even small ones the drive belt starts to slip, if i replace the belt a few times of usage it starts slipping again. i cant find anything on if you can tighten the belt does anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Park on your slope
leave the bypass valves closed ( drive position ) release the brake and give it a push
If the hydros are in good condition it will roll with a hard push then stop almost as soon as you let go
If it rolls a few feet the hydros are on their way out
If it races down the slope like Mulga Bill's bicycle then the hydros are shot
If it turns in a big arc, the outside hyro is shot.

They are good machines but getting on a bit in years now.
Considering just how strong the tension spring is I seriously doubt that the belts would slip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Park on your slope
leave the bypass valves closed ( drive position ) release the brake and give it a push
If the hydros are in good condition it will roll with a hard push then stop almost as soon as you let go
If it rolls a few feet the hydros are on their way out
If it races down the slope like Mulga Bill's bicycle then the hydros are shot
If it turns in a big arc, the outside hyro is shot.

They are good machines but getting on a bit in years now.
Considering just how strong the tension spring is I seriously doubt that the belts would slip

just a question on the belt slippage i have noticed that the belts do get glazed and it does make a belt squealing sound when on the slope, but i think i also read that could be from the hydros any thoughts?

·
Registered
216 Posts
When trying to diagnose problems, you check things one at a time
So while I could thinks of several potential causes I have no intention of rewriting the entire service manual
So I ask you to do tests
When you post the results those who know how to diagnose transmission problems will look at the results and either make conclusions or ask for further tests.
That is the was you get your mower diagnosed & fixed.
It would have been helpful of you mentioned the glazed belt before.
However some will see the coloured belt, worn to a normal black colour and tell me the belt is burned or glazed when in fact it was showing normal wear patterns

1 - 5 of 5 Posts