My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or have a winter garden planted? :)

We've had snow and below freezing temps here for most of December. Averaged about 10F below normal and had almost twice our normal snowfall for the month. So with that not much going on outside other then occasional snow removal here.

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
About the same here, Mark. Wish were were a bit warmer.

Some of the best root crops (carrots/beets) were from seed I planted about the end of september one year. They grew real slow and about Thanksgiving I harvested some. They were absolutely delicious.

·
1,329 Posts
Actually I did mow this week, yesterday I raked a few leaves out from around the house and out of the car port. Then I mowed them, and it felt good, it was warm out and got some seat time:D My grass is not looking bad ,except it yellow like straw.

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure was a nice warm sunny day today! With our toasty 63F high today and being off work I started up the tractor, snow blower (which I had not used yet) and the generator to warm up.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Not mowing down here...For the most part, the grass is dormant and turning brown..

By your signature temp, you are warmer than Texas !!

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...By your signature temp, you are warmer than Texas !!
We missed a record high yesterday by about 5F. We are in the same range this morning but temps will start to fall by the end of the day with a cold front about 150 mile to my West moving in. I kind of doubt we get enough bump in temp ahead of the front with the South winds to hit today's record but it's going to be close. Then it's back to normal for the rest of the week. Normals are 38F high and 20F low.

Had some rolling thunder from cloud to cloud lightning during the night with some small cells that moved through. Been at least a month or two since we last heard that in the area. :cool:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Not mowing down here...For the most part, the grass is dormant and turning brown..

By your signature temp, you are warmer than Texas !!
It's about the same here, last time I mowed was abot a month ago.
I guess to some people that is a relief, but I rather miss mowing the lawn...it's so relaxing:)!

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
:D Wow Ken

Your big Ford sure makes quick work, even with such a large area to mow.

Hey, I think I see the air in your right front tire LOL.

It's just been too wet (and rather cold) for my mrs. to mow anything around our property. (she doesn't let me near the Husqvarna rider since I put the new engine in).

G

·
Hey Ken I almost saw your new curb around your driveway. I finally finished my last mowing back in October and will be back at it in late February or early March.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
:D Wow Ken

Your big Ford sure makes quick work, even with such a large area to mow.

Hey, I think I see the air in your right front tire LOL.

It's just been too wet (and rather cold) for my mrs. to mow anything around our property. (she doesn't let me near the Husqvarna rider since I put the new engine in).
My wife uses the LT1000 Craftsman because of the gear drive, I use the CC LT1050 and the 2N. The 2N does about 2 acres of old pasture and the riders do the other 2 acres..

Total cutting 42" Craftsman--50" Cub--60" Finish mower.
I would be done in 10 minutes tops including filling with gas and checking the oil with that. :D
Takes about 5 1/2 hours with us both cutting !!!

G

·
My wife uses the LT1000 Craftsman because of the gear drive, I use the CC LT1050 and the 2N. The 2N does about 2 acres of old pasture and the riders do the other 2 acres..

Total cutting 42" Craftsman--50" Cub--60" Finish mower.

Takes about 5 1/2 hours with us both cutting !!!
Hey Ken, Someone touched up the picture, The tractor garage ain't pink :D

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Neat video Ken! I like the view behind the wheel, gives you a feeling as if you're right there opperating the tractor almost.

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If I recall right (crs) you where the first one at MTF that I branded!!!! :D
:D That was the first GIF I ever successfully modified to...

Someplace I found a program to do it. Can't remember now though what the program was or how I did it. (crs) It's rough getting old. ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts