My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought this. It's one owner, and ran at a lake house in Harrison, Maine since new. I forget the dealer name.. Just this year, it wouldn't start. I got it with a side discharge and a perfectly clean bagger. Got it home, primed the carb with gas, and it took right off! The model tag is gone.. it ended with a '6'. I cant find another like it on the internet.. though I've seen tons before.. just not there when I want it, of course. It needs a blade and a drive belt, and may soon need a self-propel clutch handle. (Cracked). Anyone have an idea what model it may be? The engine is a Briggs 93508. They think it is about 1973 or so. It's almost mint..

Stepney.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
So you got it! I remember talking to you when you saw that one on Craigslist!

That's a really nice old mower.. Mint is definitely the word!

Cant help you on the year though.. I don't honestly think I've ever seen a Front wheel drive rear bagger of that age before.. That FWD System was mostly used on the whirlwinds of that time period.

-Stan

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I was thinking early 70's as the engine style is like what was originally on my Whirlwind of that time period.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here's some better pictures, after a three hour run, a wash, and a wax job.. It is missing the starter interlock, and the shifter is broken at the quadrant. (At least, thats the word we used for Raleigh's..) The paint is real nice though. A few scratches here and there.. one pull every time, and I haven't done a thing to it!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
She looks fantastic! Very clean and well taken care of. :2th:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Nicely done Stepney! She's Shinin' Like a National Guitar!

I'm not sure how common those Interlock models are.. So I'm not sure how easy parts will be to get.. But I bed you aught to be able to find some.

-Stan :2th:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts