My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put it off long enough, got the lake boat inside for the winter. I keep it in a steel building at my business. We've had it a year or so now, and it's been a great boat. It's a 16' Tracker w/ 60hp Merc. I took a couple pics, don't think I ever posted any here of it before.

I do a fair amount of fishing, both fresh and salt water. Salt water, pretty much anything inshore is fair game. Freshwater, I target smallies and pike.

Anybody else here like to wet the line?

Spring seems a long way off..........:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We rarely have the opportunity here on Long Island, Bruce. I've been invited to Maine many times, but have yet to go. Someday...........

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
When Little Bay de Noc freezes over outside Escanaba and Gladstone, there's a regular city that pops up on the ice. People pull fishing shacks out onto the ice that you could live in, and it looks like regular streets are laid out. You'll see trucks and cars driving on the ice that are far enough away to look like toys.

Ice Fishing Bay De Noc Michigan

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bruce :howdy:I've yet to catch a walleye. When my dad was around he use to tell me stories about how much he loved fishing for them. The smallie/pike lakes I fish don't have them. Although there is rumor they have been introduced to one lake by "bucket biologists".

·
Registered
480 Posts
At 51 I have never understood why someone would go ice fishing. I mean there are freezers full of ice at every convenience store, gas station and store in general. :dunno:
Is there a difference in taste between farm raised ice and what's in the wild? :ROFL

Yup, I'm bored.:sidelaugh

Reactions: wh55

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It comes down to the satisfaction of doing it yourself, Don :ROFL

·
Registered
480 Posts
He, he, he.
I used to love to go saltwater fishing. We'd eat pretty much whatever was dumb enough to bite the hook. I was eating some varieties of fish before they were the in thing and people then looked at me like I was nuts.
Since the feds finally got the license requirement through for J.Q. Public I haven't gone. They've been trying to get the licensing through since the '70s as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was eating some varieties of fish before they were the in thing and people then looked at me like I was nuts.
Same here. Love sea robins. The flavor to me is as tasty as virtually anything. I also make sure to grab certain fish heads after others filet their catch. You can make a very tasty soup with certain species. Striped bass being my favorite. Blackfish and sea bass are great too. I just tell people I'm feeding them to stray cats :2th:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I grew up down south and migrated north. Shortly after I got married my wife and I went to New Hampshire during the winter. She had been there many times before and it's absolutely beautiful up there. We stayed in conway on lake winnipesaukee.
On the first morning I wake up grab a cup of coffee and step out onto the balcony just in time to see a full sized 4x4 drive out onto the lake. Three double takes later I go back in and tell the wife, she's like yeah.....
Sorry but you just don't do that in Fla or Geo. Lols.

Ellis I was eating trigger fish, parrot fish and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. Very tasty. Up here my favorite is stripers.
Fresh water, catfish hands down. Sea cat is pretty good too.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW, that's a mighty fine looking boat and tow rig you have there Ellis.
Thank you, sir :howdy:

Ellis I was eating trigger fish, parrot fish and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. Very tasty. Up here my favorite is stripers.
Fresh water, catfish hands down. Sea cat is pretty good too.
I love trigger fish also. Freshwater, I'd have to say I like crappie the best, probably cat second.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Great looking boat and truck there, Ellis!! :ThumbUp: I'll bet you're counting down the days until spring. You also have a yacht that I think you've mentioned before, correct?

I used to go fishing with my Dad but haven't gone in a long time.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Ellis, SWEET setup! The truck is Diesel right? That boat is a nice looking unit. I don't know boats really, but looks good!

Reactions: tiretrx

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great looking boat and truck there, Ellis!! :ThumbUp: I'll bet you're counting down the days until spring. You also have a yacht that I think you've mentioned before, correct?

I used to fishing with my Dad but haven't gone in a long time.
Thanks Austen. Nope, no yachts for me. My company makes parts for yachts, ships etc.. I think that's as close as I get, lol.

Ellis, SWEET setup! The truck is Diesel right? That boat is a nice looking unit. I don't know boats really, but looks good!
Thanks buddy, yup it's a 6.6 Duramax.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do a bit of fly fishing in these parts. Lots of lovely brooks and streams to wet the line in. Occasionally catch a sizeable brook, brown or rainbow trout.

Mostly, its just about relaxing for a few hours in the fresh air. ;-)

·
Registered
650 Posts
been fishing most of my 61 years, fish for about anything legal here in pa...with retirement coming up in the not to distant future i'll be packing the rod and reel up instead of the tool belt and hammer /saw . used to have a boat, just became a pain in the butt so now just fish from shore

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts