My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited the Ariens folks in Brillion, Wisconsin on Friday, October 30, and was treated to a visit to the Ariens/Gravely Museum. They house a treasure trove of vintage machines from the past that significant to the history of the company. I took a few pictures while there to show everyone that this is a great place to visit if you are a fan of Ariens and Gravely machinery or even if you just plain enjoy seeing vintage outdoor power equipment that has been restored to new condition displayed beautifully for your admiration. The museum is located in the building that was one of their original manufacturing plants. It is obvious that Ariens is proud of their heritage and go to great lengths to preserve it.

Trac-Team with all the various attachments:

Two wheeled Ariens tractors and tillers. This is where Ariens got its start:

Walk behind mowers and garden tractors in the background:

Single stage snow throwers and their snowmobiles:

Their One millionth snowblower. The one to the right of it was built in 1960:

Their two millionth snowblower. I kind of like the chrome plated bits.

Their three millionth snowblower:

A couple Gravely tractors:

A few Gravely two wheeled tractors and some of their accessory attachments:

Now this part will really make you drool. This is what they call their "bone yard". It's vintage machinery that they have acquired and is awaiting restoration. There is a team of retired Ariens employees who do the restoration work, and give the tours of the museum. I could have spent hours looking around in here.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
My uncle had the Trac-team snow blower and mower! I used them during my early years. Very good machine!!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Woahhh!!! Very cool!! :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:

I didn't know they have a museum. What a great place to visit!! It's neat they have it and are proud to display their heritage like that. Love it! :)

Thanks for sharing all the photos. I really enjoyed seeing them. There were several machines in there that I hadn't seen before.

If I'm ever out that way, this place will be a priority to visit. :2th:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interesting indeed. Some of the old tillers look familiar but I've never seen their snowmobiles before. Perhaps they were never sold north of the border?

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Talk about history.... Those pictures were quite a sight. :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Looks like a fun time, thanks for the photos! A Trac Team mower set up would look nice on the nose of either of my Ariens walk behinds!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
It worked nice for us that mower! Dad disliked it as he had a accident with it. Our German Shepherd decided to "scoot" in front of him and he cut off the tip of her tail with it! It was too heavy and powerful for him to stop! We got rid of the set not too long after. Wish I kept it!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would love to talk with the retired people who work on the restores. I could get some paint questions answered.
Thanks for taking the pictures and sharing.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would love to talk with the retired people who work on the restores. I could get some paint questions answered.
Thanks for taking the pictures and sharing.
Here's the link to the museum, if you haven't already looked it up. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you with any of your questions. Seeing the work that has been done, and the way the artifacts have been displayed, it is obvious they have a passion for their work.

Ariens Company Museum, Brillion Wisconsin

·
Registered
499 Posts
There is a Trac Team leaf vacuum attachment for sale, $60, in Worchester Ma. on CL. Looks like it's in good shape, if I had the need I'd go and buy it myself.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Here's the link to the museum, if you haven't already looked it up. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you with any of your questions. Seeing the work that has been done, and the way the artifacts have been displayed, it is obvious they have a passion for their work.

Ariens Company Museum, Brillion Wisconsin
You know the old saying about over looking the obvious? I never even thought to contact the museum and I knew about it.
Thanks for turning on the light. :bag:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I bought my daughter one of those track team machines although I didn't know it at the time. I thought I was buying her an old snow blower. I wouldn't mind finding the mower attachment for it someday.

Reactions: bwdbrn1

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If there was any downside to the experience, in my excitement about meeting an 8:45 appointment for a tour of the factory I forgot that I was going from my place in the eastern time zone to Brillion, which is in the central time zone. So, I arrived in town well over an hour ahead of time. But, there is a bright side to that too. I found Rudy's Cafe just down the road and had a great breakfast. You have to like a place where the cook actually asks you how you like your bacon cooked!:2th: Put Rudy's Cafe on your list of places to stop when in Brillion, WI.

https://www.facebook.com/Rudys-Cafe-145298998878264/

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will make a point to go there soon. Now I think I need to pick up some more Ariens machines. They also ran a article in the LGT magazine who was there.. I also know OMC opened a Museum in Fon do Lac. I could spend a lot of time in either one. I have went to the Harley one in 2014. That was interesting. If you get near Eagle River, WI area there is a few snowmobile Museums that are also good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts