My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember Austen talking about his generator? I meant all this time to get a shot of ours. Dad mentioned we should warm it up, I had my phone on me!! I like this phone for quick shots/videos!
Here she is for all of you guys! It powers our well pump and forced air furnace nicely! You can see she is a big girl! 8000-13500! We got it years ago from Tractor Supply. Huge 15HP Briggs! She eats gas, but worth it! We lost power for a 1/2 hour mom says while we cleaned snow!

Dad made the shelter for it and mounted it to convertible cart for ease of movement! Factory wheels are not good for our yard!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice machine! :ThumbUp: Thanks for posting the video. It sounds nice and quite too. Definitely nice to have the capability to run the whole house.

Reminds me I still need to install a recoil like yours to have as a backup.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Austen, this machine has saved us MANY times! Ran it for days on end due to extreme power outages here! One storm, they couldn't plow and power was out for three days!
This guy eats gas, but will run about everything at once no issues! Never tried the central air though! ;)

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
It makes you feel a lot more confident during a big storm to have a backup plan. That's a nice generator you've got there! :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Best $1200 we ever spent!! I found only one in a kinda local TSC in NJ. Was a hour ride, but well worth it!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your right there!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Here's mine. Because I work for Onan..........:rolleyes:. 6kw, 120/240. Has a place for battery, but it starts so well never put one on. Also have a 8000 watt Bobcat on service truck, just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
So Eric, does it always stay in that shed and is it always hooked to house?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice one Smitty! It is always in shed for it on standby way power is here. Hooked to the house?? Um, no, it is set up with a cord, we just plug it into box, and it has a switch in box to separate utility power from gen. We then turn on the breaker and good to go!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice one Smitty! It is always in shed for it on standby way power is here. Hooked to the house?? Um, no, it is set up with a cord, we just plug it into box, and it has a switch in box to separate utility power from gen. We then turn on the breaker and good to go!
That's a nice setup!

Our power went out for a couple of hours tonight so we got to officially use ours for the first time. The battery was flat so I had jump it off the '53 but then was good to go.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is why we own them Austen!! Glad it works well!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Amen Bruce!!! I had to go turn ours off one night @ 3:00AM, temps were low and we left it on. I woke to see streetlight on!! Kinda scary going out there knowing my 400# "friend " may be out there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts