My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story goes (because I checked ;) ) -

In Portugal, a man was attempting to purchase an abandoned property which was, much like an estate sale with no living relatives. The property included a very large barn, without windows and the steel entrance doors were welded shut.

Forgive me if you've seen this before, but's it's simply amazing to me, and those enthusiastic about vintage iron.

Hope you enjoy:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Pretty cool to think that so much stuff just lies out there in wait. It was also neat to see a few Ford coupes like mine. I have a 47 Ford and they had 2 and a 46. :2th: To bad there wasn't a fleet of old muscle cars in there.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty cool to think that so much stuff just lies out there in wait. It was also neat to see a few Ford coupes like mine. I have a 47 Ford and they had 2 and a 46. :2th: To bad there wasn't a fleet of old muscle cars in there.
Those Porsche 356's go for around 100K in restored condition (according to Hemmings). Now, an unrestored 356 would likely triple that price and some as much as half a $M. The Alphas and, even the Morris Minis fetch a handsome price too.

Yep, love the old Fords...and Bucks and Chevys and....:ROFL

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cool stuff! :2th:

Should there come a time to sell them, they would be best off leaving them the way they are untouched. That's the way to sell a barn find.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Wow! Like the big auction at that Chevy dealer out west, just stored RIGHT!!! :)
SWEET!!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Wow, wouldn't it be cool to find that just lying around in an old barn? Whoever opened it must have been floored!:sidelaugh:cool

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dang!

Thats a NICE barn!

(Hey, I'm from Saskatchewan! We appreciate a nice barn! :sidelaugh)

Oh, and there ARE some pretty nice cars in it, too!

Seriously, tho, that 1952 Chieftain brings back memories of being a teenager for me... Not that I was ever lucky enough to own one, but I got to help push a friend's out of a MASSIVE mud hole on a grid road one summer day! Another one of those "If I really give'er, do you think I can make it?" type experiences!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Thanks Mark, that was cool!!! :cool

My first car was a 1958 Ford Consaul.

I wonder if he added one to the collection when he found out that I owned one. :sidelaugh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts