My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some pictures to share of the piles!! They went down some, not much!
Want a push mower? There somewhere!
My poor 180 and STX plus our keeper mower and string trimmer are floating!! :( Doors frozen shut, tried to open two days in row, nothing!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
We had some piles stacked up pretty high around here too but it has all melted now. I went out this morning and raked up 2½ trash bags of gum apples from the backyard and it surprisingly was not as squishy out there as I thought it might be. Gonna be all froze up again this coming week with lows around 10°F and highs around 30°F.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish it melted more without mess here Mark and motor!
I wanted to get into shed for fellow member too! :(

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
What was the total amount Eric?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Like a mountain pass!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before the melt, I think we had 20". Then snow blower made mounds huge when blowing!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Austen, more like a valley!! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on the snow! Thank God a lot has melted away. The shed is been an ongoing mess! We noticed roof damage on Sunday, partial collapse? Doors will not open. We used a propane torch to try to heat the ice, melted the door and paint on one fast pass! Dad was tee'd off. We are JUNKING this thing in summer! Dad had enough and ripped doors open today, found ice two inched deep! The push mower is FROZEN to floor! I got home too late to look. Will get pictures soon. This may make the Project thread in summer. New shed to rise for tractors!! ;)

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I'll bet you'll be glad to get a more reliable roof over your stuff! I'm really glad we had the higher temperatures the last couple of days; I've had it to the back teeth with all this snow and ice! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Gives you a good excuse for a new shed! Gotta look at those things in a positive light as you are. :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank God we can get into it now! Forgot the pine tree dropped a big branch on it, bet that is why roof looked like that! At least I can see my JD!! Poor baby!! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I freed the JD's today! The STX fired up easy as normal! Put it in gear and it popped out with two flat rear tires! The ice is 3-5" deep! My 180 fired up and I got her popped free too. Left it inside though as mud is thick! The STX is on the work order for paint soon!
My mower and string mower are very stuck in there, 1/4 of tires are in ice, so not messing with them!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Well, I guess you don't won't to hear I had to mow grass already.:bag:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Um, no!! I do have a new to me Stihl trimmer I tried on snow though! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I rescued the 180 from its icy cave! Got her out for some exercise before the mud got bad. Realized I never shot a video of it!

I let her run a bit and detailed it out before the video. Felt good to run it! Fired right up as normal!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts