My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured I would share what I call my happy little homestead.
I've lived here for @ 20 years and bought the land "raw" and have done everything my self except the well.

This is our home

This is the front pasture

This is our side pasture

This is my work shop and the chicken coop

This is a view of our back pasture

This is a panoramic of the back pasture

One day I plan on filling the pastures with some cattle and gardens but for now I'll just keep mowing!:)
Hope you enjoyed the visit!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Wow! What a setting FP!

I love your palm trees, I would absolutely kill for some here if they would only survive our rainy climate! :eek:

What kind of machines do you use to maintain your property?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the run down,
JD 4400 MFWD with 430 FEL with an LX5 rotary cutter (bush hog mower) for general pasture mowing, JD Z810A for the main yard and a JD 4x2 Gator for all those little hauling needs. (Very handy)

The 4400 has a 5' box blade for grading when I'm done clearing an area and a Gambler debris/root rake for ripping out the palmetto bushes.

ECHO trimmers and lots of Round-Up keeps everything tidy!

I still have a lot of work left to do but I don't realize how much I've gotten done till I look at old pictures we took of the property years ago.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Looking good there Bruce! :cool:

I still would like to have a building like that to work in and some ground around it to get away from the neighbors. But there are times anymore I wonder if I could ever keep it mowed and maintained to my standard. A big tractor with soft suspension seat and a cab with AC and heat might work. :D

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, there's still a lot more I plan on doing from a pole barn to another "Parking Garage" to give me more room in my shop to work on stuff. Time and money, well mostly money! :) I do find myself being just as happy taking a vacation and staying home rather than running around and spending money on hotels and things. I do give in to the "Supportive of my Habits" Wifey and go on an occasional cruise every once in a while though. Gives me time to sit back and reflect upon all the things I could be getting done at home..:bag:

I see a round chair discussion in here somewhere.....

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Glad this one was resurrected, I didn't catch it the first time around. Quite a spread, Bruce. Kind of like the Ponderosa with palm trees :2th: How many acres? Anything new since these pics?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again, @20 acres Ellis. About the only change is the wooded area behind the chicken coop picture is cleared out now of the palmetto bushes. I left the trees as I like the "Woodsy" feel throughout that area.
Oh, and I'm down to 9 chickens now, courtesy of a few bobcats and coyotes... :(

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, it's nice to be able to get out and just relax and enjoy the views. It is a lot of work though when you don't want to use livestock to maintain the pastures.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Yep, sure is a beautiful place, Bruce. But lets get down to business here. What say you throw that door up on that steely and start snapping some :pics: of all your stuff. Come on big guy, throw the dogs a bone here:2th: I told you I'm coming down in February........and I'll be needing to know what size trailer to bring.......buddy :howdy:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gee, thought I'd see a trailer load coming in... Straight from the Big Apple! Can you picture it, old, powered, reel mowers, Gravelys, maybe a JD sign? :p

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Yep, sure is a beautiful place, Bruce. But lets get down to business here. What say you throw that door up on that steely and start snapping some :pics: of all your stuff. Come on big guy, throw the dogs a bone here:2th: I told you I'm coming down in February........and I'll be needing to know what size trailer to bring.......buddy :howdy:
:2th: :gp:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Geesh! Don't worry fellas, the doors will be opening soon! :2th:

Maybe even a pic of Ellis and I enjoying a cold one. :p

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Geesh! Don't worry fellas, the doors will be opening soon! :2th:

Maybe even a pic of Ellis and I enjoying a cold one. :p
Normally I don't drink when I have to pull a fully loaded trailer, Bruce. But, I guess one to be sociable wouldn't hurt :ThumbUp: Besides, wouldn't want the kids getting into them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts