My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just taking a moment to say hello from Central Indiana. I recently bought a good, used Toro SS5000 Timecutter for my 1 acre of God's earth. My previous tractor was a Craftsman my father bought back in the mid 80s. She still mows like a champ, but may be better suited as a conversation / story piece after all these years of reliable service. I'm a former Indycar mechanic & pit crew guy (15 years) and I restore older cars as a hobby. Thanks for having me !!!

Marc S

Automotive design Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior
Tire Plant Wheel Lawn mower Vehicle
Glasses Sports uniform Sunglasses Eyewear Yellow
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,139 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just taking a moment to say hello from Central Indiana. I recently bought a good, used Toro SS5000 Timecutter for my 1 acre of God's earth. My previous tractor was a Craftsman my father bought back in the mid 80s. She still mows like a champ, but may be better suited as a conversation / story piece after all these years of reliable service. I'm a former Indycar mechanic & pit crew guy (15 years) and I restore older cars as a hobby. Thanks for having me !!!

Marc S

View attachment 62657 View attachment 62658 View attachment 62659 View attachment 62660
Hello everyone,

Marc S

View attachment 62657 View attachment 62658 View attachment 62659 View attachment 62660
welcome to MLF! Being on those pit crews had to be an absolute blast!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Howdy, have a steering wheel version of that mower. Not many complaints. They engine is a Toro Chinese built Kohler look-a-like. The only problem I have had over 500 hours is that it will backfire when shut-down, or sometimes on start-up. Manual even says to lower to an idle before turning off to prevent this, but it still happens. Twin throated carb is suppose to allow for a better match of the cylinders output. I had it for 6 years and no repairs yet. Keep the front casters lubed or the steering gets tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts