My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought this one off a fellow for 25 bucks it needed a head gasket

scotts.jpeg
I am new to the forums as of today, but is there any way you could take a snapshot of the carb linkage for your Scott's? I cant seem to find any resolute info on it and need it badly.
I am trying to fix a badly neglected one identical to this one, but cannot find any numbers on the deck/engine to find parts. The one spring that is on it is broken, and I cannot tell if or where it needs to be attached or if there is any other springs or adjustments that need to be made.
I have it running, but it runs very, very high and want to make it idle and run like it should.

It has been neglected for so long, but in very good shape. It had more water than oil in the case. The air filter and cover had been taken off allowing a boat load of water to go through the carb into the case, carb linkage(s) messed up and valves out of adjustment. All that sorted out except the linkage fiasco.

I appreciate the information in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Is it linkage just on the carb or linkage from the controls on the mower handle to the carb? Do you have the Intek B&S engine and if so what HP?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again Five Points!

Just the carb linkage from governor to carb. Its a Briggs Magna-Torque OHV Intek. 6.5hp I believe.
This one has no throttle control on the handle. I believe the throttle control is by the carb itself with some red plasti-dip around the adjuster. It doesn't seem to do anything at the moment. It is identical to this Scotts with the exception it is self propelled.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Ok, I've seen that before. I'll see if I can find a compatible manual with the parts on it, unless someone has it handy and beats me to it ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive been up all night long again. I think I have found the model. Its a 2159X8A with the Magna Torque. I still cant find any diagram or pic of linkages though.

The shroud says Magna Torque also. Sorry about that. I have been around Briggs so long I automatically say it.:scratch:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Could your mower be a 21595XA8 if so the engine is probably a TEC OVRM120 (?22032E) This is what I'm finding on a lot of searches.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Me and my dang typos. Let me try this again. Yes I do think that is the same one as I have.

With searching I think I found the model to be a 21595X8A. SN: Unknown.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure if this is still an active thread. The engine is a Briggs INTEK Edge. You will find the model & serial number on a sheet steel plate that covers the muffler. Engine speed is controlled via a governor - there is no hand throttle. Mine is similar. If you need images, let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts