My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned another project I was working on recently while waiting for mower engine rebuild parts. Thought I'd add to this off-topic forum.

Recent acquisition of an 07 Avalon pontoon boat...16 foot fish n cruise. Setting it up for mostly nighttime fishing here in KY.

Pretty ugly in it's neglected state. Weathered pretty awful. PO's didn't keep the mooring cover secured and winter took it's toll.

Stripped it down to the floor.

New carpet

Found a clean used Honda outboard. Mounted it & rigged remote control, tach, etc.

Fabbed/cobbed a mount for an electric 24 volt 2 hp/82 lb thrust trolling motor off stern pontoon. Steering controlled by the steering for the outboard

Toggle controls on helm for up/down of electric motor, speed control, forward/reverse and battery meter

Tuneage!

New seats

Fishin' time! Now she needs a name. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
The difference is night and day. I had an opportunity to purchase my grandparents LOWE Pontoon boat but I felt it needed too much work and too much of my time.... But you make it look super easy! I really like the new floor and seats. They make it look Brand New! I really like the added bonus of the trolling motor also steering with the main! I think I'm in love!!! :2th:

Reactions: Ceegar

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Names: LEAD PONTOON, HOT AIR PONTOON, POND TOONS, REEL TIME :)

Reactions: Ceegar

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
The difference is night and day.
No kidding!

Nice work on bringing new life into it! Better than new!

Thanks for posting the pictures. Have a good and well deserved time out on the water. :2th:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts