My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share with you a glimpse of me at work.

Glasses Water Vision care White Sky

This is me in my office

Sky Water Water resources Daytime Nature

This is a view out of my office window

Property Plant Ecoregion Natural environment Tree

This is a view of part of my hobby farm

Sky Atmosphere Cloud Dusk Air travel

This is my close of business

Hope you enjoyed my day at work at 1000 ft AGL!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Now that is one very awesome line of work! :cool:

Talk about an entertaining job that so few of us have the experience to appreciate.

You have a nice piece of property! I can only imagine the sheer sense of freedom being able to fly a plane and the confidence it takes to do so.

Thanks for sharing this with us and glimpse inside your personal life! :cool

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
;) Farm gator patrol from the air. Now we know how that one in your photo ended up looking like it did. Aerial attack! :ROFL

That is a great view for an office window and the best part is does not stay the same all day long. :cool

That's one thing I like about being out on the road running service is seeing the country side. Anymore I about climb the walls on days that I am stuck inside.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Austen, I use to fly fixed wing but that one was taken from a OH58A+ (Bell Jet Ranger) helicopter. When I'm not flying them, I'm cleaning them or working on them. We've lived at that property for @18 years and it has been a long work in progress, but I love every minute of it. I could take a vacation and spend it at home puttering around :)

Mark.....Gators , really?
Ha, I did have to chase a 5 footer out of the yard once (On Foot). I also chased a 7 footer off the taxiway with the helicopter once. Not a pretty sight when an aircraft lands and hits one of them guys.
I do have to admit, I am blessed to have such a unique job where the scenery and events are always changing. Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
What a cool way to spend the day. :cool

I imagine not so cool when you're required to use arms during criminal conflicts though...

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lake County, give me a call when your in town :) About an hour from the Mouse House! Hey, you know how to run a JD 4400 with FEL?..........;)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How on earth could you turn this baby down?

Wheel Plant Automotive tire Tire Vehicle

PM me for my address and times of availability...:ROFL

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Can I be next in line?? ;)

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
This is my ground locked mobile office. Excuse the dirty windshield and poor quality iPod photos. Looking like winter around here now with a lot of trees done shedding leaves and corn and other filed crops harvested.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's one thing I don't get to enjoy is the changing of the leaves and all the wonderful colors of fall. Its either green or brown.

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
I took these of early fall leaves back in 2007 with my good digital camera from the Mt. Pleasant at a city park. Wind was gusting near 40 mph and I had my arms braced on the railing to keep them steady. Surprised how well most of them turned out. More at the link to my website below:

Rising Park - Lancaster, Ohio USA - October 2007

This year it was so dry that some trees went from green to brown here.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice Mark, thanks for sharing. I enjoy seeing the different types of trees from up north vs. the scrub oaks and bald cypress trees that are in abundance down here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts