My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing research on the Michigan Noiseless reel mower made by REO, I contacted a fellow who was very knowledgeable about REO mowers and their history. He was kind enough to send me these two files.

The first is a Summary of Lawn Mowers, showing the various Models, their name, size, type, year of manufacture, which engine they may have had and the horsepower of the engines.

View attachment 14281

The second is A Brief History of the REO Engine, 1949 - 1958.

View attachment 14289

It makes for an interesting read for anyone interested in these unique vintage mowers.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! Great to have for reference, I especially like the history portion.

I'll be honest here in saying I never knew (or seemed to connect the dots) that the lawnmower company REO was the same company that built the trucks.

·
1,329 Posts
Yes Good stuff, I wonder if your friend would know of a dependable parts outlet for reo
Thanks for the info , I will print that off.:ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Reading the history of REO was an education!

Priceless information and I'm glad you shared it with us :2th:

·
1,329 Posts
My REO is still taking up one full bench,for like 4 years now !! all parts are painted proper color. engine is refurbished as needed. still need the carb kit installed, but I have it. the parts supplier stopped communicating, several parts not received.
Im not giving up on the lill REO, it just gets more unique every day:sidelaugh:ThumbUp:
BTW, the parts supplier was not this OP or anyone in this Family.

·
1,329 Posts
peers like 01/20/13 was my last post on the REO, not as long ago as I thought.
I hauled off two 16 foot trailer loads of mowers, I kept 6 vintage mowers and definitely the REO will get done , wont be in a scrap pile.:ThumbUp:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts