My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched all week for a place to get some help and good advice. Just bought a 99 Murray 17.5twinII 46" hydrostatic. Went to look at it and started fine, idled smooth and throttled up perfect. Tried it out and ran great, so I took it home. Mowed my yard with it a few days later and about 20 minutes into the mow it started decreasing in power and would not hardly back-up and was slow in pulling a small incline, problem started getting worse by the minute. So i put it up. Tried it out a few days later, same out come ran fine at first and then started acting up. Noticed a few drops of fluid under the rearend when I put it up. Does anyone have any experience with these things?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Really appreciate the input guys. I had done some reading about this and it all pointed to a bad belt or the fluid was old and cavitating, makes sense. Got a outdoor shop 2 blocks from the house, but the guy acts like you're wasting his time unless he writes a ticket on it. Seems like this is the place to be.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.