My Lawnmower Forum banner

95 Lawn Boy Silver series 10201

12K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Tony from Arco Lawn 
Mattinky,

If it is black smoke coming out then you are looking at a fuel issue with running rich. This would be my first guess. If you have debris in the carb and as you are running it it is being sucked up and blocking a jet it may bog down until it drops the debris then boost back up.

If it is white smoke then we are talking burning oil. In this case it gets a little more complicated. Valves would probably be my first guess. If you have one that is sticking then it could cause excess oil burning. If the rings are worn to a point where they are allowing oil to pass under compression then this could be your cause. something like Cylinder Leak-Down Tester
this would be my recommendation. It is a cylinder leakdown tester and would help you find out if your problem is rings or valves. you may be able to call up a shop and have them do this for you as well for a minimal fee.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me through Arco Lawn Equipment | Home if you have any more questions. keep me posted on what you find I will do my best to guide you through it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.