My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine rpms goes up and down, up and down, up and down. It has the 6.75 Briggs with the overhead valves.
Ideas?

·
Founding Administrator
1,251 Posts
I am going to guess that there is a partial blockage in the carburetor. You might get by with putting some carb cleaner in the tank and letting it work thru. If not, a teardown of the carb and thorough cleaning are called for. Not hard at all, just have to be careful to pay attention to the way things come apart. Keep us informed!

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
I'd agree with Brad. Sounds like a passage is clogged. The motorcycle shop I work at uses brake and parts cleaner. It's easier on the skin than carb cleaner.

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Yes, but just think of the fun and satisfaction you'll have putting it in, and stepping back after you're done and patting yourself on the back for a job well done. Not in a vain way, of course. Priceless.

But to make you feel a lot better, just as a comparison, I put carb kits in a Honda motorcycle I owned quite a few years ago. Four carbs, all the parts could be held in your hands...$300.00! :eek: But it sure ran better afterwards:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
could also be a dirty air filter. Take the air filter cover off and see if it smooths out if it dose then replace the filter. Could be a faulty intake gasket or fuel cap vent. Good luck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts