My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ken traded for this, I want it for one of my projects. A never run Clinton 494 still in original box and with owners papers.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Woah!!

Now that's something you don't come across everyday. What's the history on it? Was it stored away in some lawnmower shop and then discovered? :)

Are you going to run it?

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know the history yet. He did some trading for the engine and a rifle and afterwards found out the rifle wasn't what he thought it was going to be value wise, so he came out on the losing end. He said I couldn't afford that engine.:ROFL I'll give him some time.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
That's a thing of beauty there. Does make you wonder how many jewels like that are still out there.

The company had an interesting history.

History of the Clinton Engines Corporation - A.S.E.C.C.

I've seen this site before, but have never tried to contact them. I wonder if they can shed any light on that engine. The Jackson County Historical Society is housed in the last remaining building of the Clinton Engine Company.

Clinton Engines

·
Registered
650 Posts
that is amazing, can't help but wonder how many engines , parts etc are still new sitting in a long closed up repair shop or garage

·
Registered
480 Posts
That's a pretty cool find indeed. My best was a NOS Pierce/Hoof governor still in the box for a gravely walk behind.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
What a rare find, almost could make a display out of the engine itself. That, or a cherry on the top of a resto project. :)

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
thats a really rare find, you never see anything like that around here, the only thing you find around here are nos briggs and tecumseh parts, never full engines

·
Registered
507 Posts
WOW! I swear my jaw hit the floor. That may be one of the only ones left, if not the only one. :cool :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
That is super cool!!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
;) I hope you realize you're gonna have a heck of a time filing a warranty claim on it if it don't start. :ROFL :2th:
I'm sorry but that's the funniest thing I've heard on here in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFL:sidelaugh:ROFL:sidelaugh

P.S. I'm on the floor right now! :) :2th:

·
Registered
11 Posts
What a great find! They are still out there. We have 2 5hp tecumsehs with the hand winder start (not sure on the exact name) one is NOS and the other has less than 10 hours on it as well as a Kohler k241as with less than 15 hours.

Glad to see this stuff still pops up :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts