My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 3 summer for this mower - absolutely no problems except the deck is a real pain to drop.

Mowed and starting all summer without a problem - even after sitting all winter. 2 weeks ago, batt was dead. Batt starting strong all summer. Charged and no problem moving for about an hour.

Today, batt dead again.

My question - this has a 4 position switch and I have always turned it to "stop" after mowing without a problem. Is this OK or is this a possible cause of batt now running down? If not, strange that batt just suddenly went bad after being used every week all summer long rather than after sitting all winter.

I find no info on the switch - in fact, they say this switch is no longer available.

Any help greatly appreciated. - jb

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mower model number??? Is this the switch? Used on Craftsman, Poulan & Husqvarna tractors.

Here's the replacement video:

When the switch is in the on position, locate a couple of places that you can check for output voltage with a multimeter. Then check them again when the switch is off. There should be no voltage downstream of the switch and starting relay with the switch in the off position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mower model number??? Is this the switch? Used on Craftsman, Poulan & Husqvarna tractors.

Here's the replacement video:

When the switch is in the on position, locate a couple of places that you can check for output voltage with a multimeter. Then check them again when the switch is off. There should be no voltage downstream of the switch and starting relay with the switch in the off position.
Yes, that is the switch - as you can see, it is 4 positions with the left being "stop". That is where I have always left in in the past. I don't know what the second to the left is suppose to be but the next is "on" and the right is "start".

Was wondering if it should be left in that "stop" position or left in the one to the right of it.

Tks for the help - jb

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know what the second to the left is suppose to be but the next is "on" and the right is "start".
That's the REVERSE OPERATION SYSTEM (ROS) "ON" POSITION - Allows operation of mower or other powered attachment while in reverse. You should park it in the STOP position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts