My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Girls,

My neighbor and I share a Cyclone Leaf Rake. It has been a wonderful machine over the past 9-10 years.

The original Tecumseh 6.5 HP 1 inch shaft motor finally gave up the ghost so I decided on a new Subaru 6.5 HP motor. The difference that caused me pain is that most 6.5 HP motors have a 3/4 inch diameter shaft that is a wee bit short in length. A sleeve type adapter is great but there are two issues. Usually the adapter isn't long enough and second the key way key is the wrong size (3/16 vs 1/4) or not deep enough.

I found this vendor whose adapter is not only long enough but is thoughtfully made. The step key is deep enough to not only engage the motor shaft but the implement (an impeller in my case)as well and perfectly. It is a much better strategy than I've seen before. The 3/4 to 1 inch Engine Crank Adapter Bushing Step Key Predator (371233962505) is the best gizmo I have found. It is off of Ebay by pgballou4bx6 and worth the $25!

QR

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
thats good to here, may finally have to replace the briggs 5hp on my walk behind as its starting to burn oil and the compressions always been a bit low since i bought it, and it has a 1 inch crank. plan on using it until it dies though so it might be a while until it gets a shiny new predator

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
its got a 5hp briggs flatty with the "koolbore" i think, doesnt say ic anywhere, did you have to mod your muffler to fit against the blower housing? also, how hard is it to re ring one of those briggs? is it even worth it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts