My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cool photos Mark! :) It sure looks like it was great turnout and a lot of fun with some really nice cars.

What a nice variety which always makes it fun. I really like the T Bird on page 8 and the business coupes are always an attention grabber for me too.

Thanks for the photos!

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
Thanks for sharing those with us Mark. They were all beautiful. Lots of cars you usually don't see, like the AMCs. Love the old trucks.

·
Administrator
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a hard time choosing a favorite. A hot rod would be a fun toy to rumble around in but at the same time I really like the restored to original cars as well. It's funny though I've always been a GM guy at heart but the older I get the more I seem to be able to appreciate the others like AMC, the old Packards and Hudsons, etc. Some of the others I thought were ugly as sin as a kid when they were brand new I now look at them and think back how some of them where really ahead of their time both in design and mechanically.

How times change, you could look at the engine and know what everything was and how it worked and with some mechanical ability replace or even rebuild it for fairly cheap. Now you have to look at a book or on the internet to figure out what part with wires on it stopped sending a signal to the computer. I guess changing spark plugs, points, condenser and using a timing light and dwell meter were really not that much of a pain after all. :D

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Thanks for sharing those with us Mark. They were all beautiful. Lots of cars you usually don't see, like the AMCs. Love the old trucks.
I got one for sale if you want ? 1947 Ford 1.5 ton dump ... solid and everything works as it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts