My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to forum hoping for some advice. I recently purchased 2010 zts 6000 with a broken connecting rod. After removing motor and disassembly I found a couple of cracks in the block up high enough that it still held oil. The Model number is 331877 B147 B1 and is a 21hp B&S platinum. My question is can I use any block with just the first 6 numbers or does code have to match the entire sequence? Also, will a 19 or 20 horse with first 6 digits also work with original piston? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I googled "331877 B147 B1" and didn't get anything. Double check that number. I've bought several mowers with blown Briggs singles over the last 10 years and was never able to save any of the engines.
Cannon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I googled "331877 B147 B1" and didn't get anything. Double check that number. I've bought several mowers with blown Briggs singles over the last 10 years and was never able to save any of the engines.
Cannon
Thanks for replying. When I google the number the first B comes back as a 0 and I get directed to parts replacement companies that show the right engine. I actually ordered the rod, gaskets and seals before discovering the cracks so I would like to attempt to replace all in a used block but am not sure what info I need to make sure all parts fit and I am getting the right block.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think any 331877 or maybe any 33xxxx would use the same rod, gaskets and seals, but I don't know that for a fact.
Cannon
I spoke with the owner of Rotti's in West Boylston and he was a wealth of information. Looking up the cylinder assembly requires all the numbers in the model and type. Once I found my part # I was able to use a cross reference to see all the different models and types using this same assembly. Thanks for your advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.