My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on here in awhile cause I've been able to fix most things but this one has me stumped. Recently the idler pulley on the rear end that has a belt from the motor and then a belt to drive the rear end had bearings go bad. So I got new bearing and installed and a new belt. It ran great and mowed like a champ again. Now when I stopped it, it wouldn't start. So, I was done mowing grass and just pushed it into the garage. Went to start it yesterday to move it and it wouldn't start. Battery volts ant 1. something. So I figure it isn't chargeing. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
How old is the battery? Might want to pull the battery and take it to a car parts place and let them attempt charge it up and test it. To test charging, jump start engine, remove jump cables and see what your voltage is with engine running and then shutdown the engine and read your voltage. Should be approx 12-13 Vdc engine off and 13-14+ Vdc engine running full throttle.

·
Registered
686 Posts
:ditto: What he said. You should also make sure the connections at the battery are clean and tight and also check to see if maybe the connector to the regulator is corroded/dirty or loose. AND there is likely a fuse in the circuit. Make sure you've checked that too.

Reactions: Grunt
1 - 3 of 3 Posts